Summer Camp Staff
We take great pride in the creative, mature, responsible, and fun loving staff at Triple C Camp. Typically our staff have had at least one year of college, or have been a member of our leadership training program. We have over 70 staff members at Triple C Camp. We are unique in that as a day camp we do provide room and board as an option for staff from across the United States as well as International staff (about 20 people). Some of our staff live off site in the local community as well. Having both on site and off site staff creates a great blend of staff and friendships that far outlast the summer.
Working at a day camp offers the fun of the summer camp experience with the enjoyment of PLENTY of TIME OFF. Off site staff work from 8:15am to 5:15pm Monday – Friday and participate in camp overnights. On site staff help with some extra “chores” around camp some evenings and one day on the weekends. This may include helping with extra programs, some light dish work, and getting the camp ready for the next day or week ahead. All staff participate in camp overnights.
What your summer will be like
We start off the summer with one full week of Staff Training and a Thursday overnight. We want you to get a similar experience to the campers. The most important week of our summer is the Training week. Counselors get the opportunity to know what the summer will be like. We train the staff in First Aid, and educate on our program and campers. Returning staff are a critical part of this education. We cover camp songs, games and how to plan and program age appropriate activities. At the end of the week, on Sunday, we host a meet your counselor day for our camp families and YOU WILL FEEL PREPARED FOR YOUR CAMPERS!
As a counselor you will be responsible for a group of campers ranging in numbers. You will have a co-counselor or two based on the numbers of campers in your group. Daily, counselors will travel about camp with their campers visiting various specialists (another staff member), going to the pool, arts & crafts, drama, sports, petting zoo, nature activities, horse back riding, ropes/challenge course, and swimming. Counselors also get to program activities and special events for their campers. All the activities led by the counselors and specialist focus around the weeks theme.
Camp is an opportunity to EARN WHILE YOU LEARN. Our pay scale is very competitive within the camping industry. Compensation packages are determined by the staff position you hold, and the experience and skills you bring to that position.
Things to consider before applying
Camp is a fun and rewarding place to work but that does not make it easy. As a counselor you will be directly responsible for your campers.
In this role you will:
- Be a positive role model
- Be responsible for the campers’ supervision
- Be cell phone free during work hours
- Be involved with the activities that your campers are involved in
- Be applying basic youth development principles in working with the campers through communication, relationship development, and respect for diversity
- Be aware of and implement all safety guidelines
- Be spending the camp day outside, on fields, in pools, in the woods, and all that comes along with being in these places (sun, outdoor creatures, dirt, etc.)
- Be hiking, walking, standing for long periods of time, lifting things and being in physical contact with others
- Be leading, communicating, and planning
- Be willing to follow all dress codes of camp (which is comfortable and casual, but does prohibit thin strap shirts, short shorts, low riding pants, low cut tops, and any promotion of tobacco, drugs or alcohol)
- Be prepared to dress up every Wednesday for theme weeks
- Be making friends and memories that will far outlast the summer
Join Our Team
If you have experience working with children or in the Great Outdoors, this could be the perfect job for you. We are outside all the time! We play, develop, and grow right along with our participants.
Come be a part of the team – call 434.293.2529 for more information. Online application coming soon!
Triple C Camp is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to ethnicity, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, veteran or disability status.