Dressing for a Day at Camp
A Few Tips to Make it a Great Day
- Dress your child(ren) in comfortable clothing that can get dirty! TRIPLE C CAMPERS HAVE FUN WHILE GETTING DIRTY.
- LABEL EVERYTHING WITH FIRST AND LAST NAME!
- Campers should wear their bathing suit to camp daily, girls under underneath their clothing, boys as their shorts.
- We require all campers to wear gym shoes everyday. They are safe for running and the variety of camp activities we enjoy.
- Please send a bag/backpack daily, clearly marked with first and last name.
- The bag should contain underwear and clothing to change into after swimming, a towel, a hat, and sunscreen. The sunscreen must be labeled with camper name, and we suggest it be in a Ziploc type bag. Please apply sunscreen to your camper in the morning and we will reapply throughout the day. Due to allergies and sun sensitivities you must send sunscreen each day.
- Dress appropriate for weather (i.e. windbreaker, sweaters, sweatshirts for cold windy days-packed if not worn; and a raincoat for rainy days- we have indoor facilities, but we move about camp).
- DON’T FORGET YOUR WATER BOTTLE!
- LABEL EVERTHING!!!
- If you choose to send insect repellant it must be in lotion form and labeled with your camper’s first & last name.
- Colt Camp participants will need to bring pants to wear while they ride. We will provide a helmet to each camper to wear for the week. Colt campers may bring their swim suits vs. wearing them in the morning.
Don’t buy a brand-new wardrobe. While one or two new items are fine, camp life can be a bit rough on clothing. Children, especially first-timers, will also find “old favorites” reassuring when away from home.